I have been re-reading my Ten Weeks, Ten Prompts, Ten Minutes posts from last year, and I have decided to start them once again. They’re pretty self explanatory- I have one prompt a week for ten weeks, and allow myself ten minutes to expand on it.
Last time, I created ten prompts in advance, this time, I have picked ten prompts from my writing prompt ebook: Prompt Me. And just like last time, you are welcome to join in with the exercises and use the prompts for your own expansions. Just remember to tag me, so I can read your masterpieces.
Here are the prompts:
- What would you do if every book on your bookshelf has a page turned down and the first word of every page spells out a message to you?
- When they began splicing organic tissue with machinery to create advanced artificial intelligence, that’s when the world was lost.
- The moon is an engineered structure built for the purpose of observation. Someone of something has been watching us.
- What would you do if you were woken by a ringing phone in your coffin?
- In total, sixteen ships came to rescue us. That meant that only sixteen thousand humans had survived the death of earth.
- “There are a number of things to remember: don’t make eye contact, do not accept any food or liquid, and if she scratches her ear she is planning to kill you.”
- “When I said come bearing gifts it was code for weapons. I can’t believe you brought cheesecake.”
- They said that I was insane and that I never had a sister. They even went as far as to edit her out of my photographs. I know they did because they missed one- the one I keep in my locket.
- “As soon as I admit that someone is my friend they end up dead. So, for all intents and purposes, I don’t like you.”
- What would you do if the news reporter on your television started talking directly to you?
I have prompt one scheduled for tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled. Why not have a bash yourself?
Content belongs to KJ.Chapman.
Any prompts used must be associated with the author, KJ.Chapman.
Prompts taken from KJ.Chapman’s book: Prompt Me: 150 Writing Prompts for Beating the Block. Only 99p!