Thanks to Mollie over at ‘Mollie’s Musings’ for the tag. You can check out Mollie’s twenty facts here.
I haven’t done a tag in what feels like ages, so I jumped in guns blazing, and then realised that coming up with twenty semi-interesting facts about myself is damn hard.
Here goes nothing:
1) I have read and reviewed 30 books so far this year. I’m over half way to my Goodreads challenge target of 52!
2) I’m scared of geese. I was chased by some farm yard geese as a child and fell into a ditch full of cow s#*t. I was literally treading water in the stuff because it had been raining. I can still hear my Auntie shouting at me to keep my mouth closed- VOM!
3) I was carrying a large box, and had a ‘one foot on the escalator and one foot off the escalator’ moment that saw me upside down and clinging on for dear life. Yep, I’m that girl.
4) I have an unhealthy obsession with Stephen King. The man is a genius.
5) My new author obsession is Brandon Sanderson. Seriously, check him out.
6) I turn 30 this year!
7) I can eat… A LOT.
8) Other than Twitter, my favourite social media platform is Instagram! Find me over there: KJ’s Insta! *Shameless Insta-promotion right there and I’m not even sorry.*
9) My husband and I have GIF wars whilst he is at work- shhh! He always wins. That man can source some GIFs! *That’s where I get my training for my Twitter GIF wars- just saying.*
10) My surname is actually Osborne. I wrote EVO Nation, and started my author platforms, before I got married. After some thought, I decided to stick with my author name to avoid confusion.
11) I live in Poldark country. I’m Cornish, and yes, I say things like- ‘I’ll do it dreckly,’ and ‘Bleddy ansom.’
12) I once saw Christopher Eccleston and he smiled at me because I recognised him, even though my hubby thought he was a tramp. In my hubby’s defense, Eccleston was in full hobo mode.
13) I am prone to stubbing my toes. I have lost my baby toe nails three times on each foot.
14) I only keep physical copies of books that I rate 4* or more, or that I have a complete series of. It’s a brutal method, but necessary for my small house.
15) I’m forgetful. My five year old makes me write everything into my diary, or make a list before we go shopping. Even my friends notice my forgetfulness. It was a charity day at my daughter’s school and the children who wore fancy dress had to donate £1 to the charity. My friend brought an extra £1 because she thought I’d forget. Ha! That time I had remembered because- thanks to my daughter- I had noted it in my diary. I can’t say I’ve remembered every time since…
16) My last fancy dress costume was of a scarecrow. I was helping at an event held by my daughter’s old nursery school on Halloween.
17) We are a family of geocachers. It’s so much fun. Don’t knock it until you try it. Us geocachers are a covert bunch, so I shall say no more… but seriously, google it!
18) Once, I heard a strange noise outside my window in the middle of the night. I thought that something was dying out there. When I went to investigate, I found hedgehogs having sex. Have you ever heard the sound of hedgehogs having sex?! I can never unhear that!
19) I love notebooks. I buy notebooks. Other people buy me notebooks. I get given notebooks. It’s both beautiful and disturbing.
20) After re-reading the above 19 facts, I have decided that I am a little cray cray!
I hope you have learnt something new about me (there is plenty to pick from). I know a lot of people have been nominated in this tag already, so I shall extend an open invite to those who want to join in.
Content belongs to KJ.Chapman