Sarinalangerwriter kindly nominated me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award. I’m touched that she thought of me when she received her nomination. My blog hasn’t been in action for long, and this nomination was a welcome surprise.
On her blog, ‘Cookie break’, Sarina shares posts about her journey as a writer- tips, weekly quotes, book reviews, writing journals, and much more. Aspiring writers, authors, and book lovers will enjoy this blog, so hit that ‘follow’ button.
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award is meant to acknowledge those who regularly read and comment on your blog. The rules for it are pretty simple:
–Show off your achievement by displaying the award.
–Link back to the person who bestowed this award upon you.
–Nominate up to 15 of your regular readers (less than 15 is just fine, though).
–Let them know that they’ve been nominated.
–Share 7 interesting facts about yourself.
Here I go with my seven random facts about me:
1. I have an irrational, but incredibly real phobia of moths and butterflies. It’s their furry bodies and the noise their wings make as they beat together- eurgh. If one landed on me there is a good probability that I’d pass out, and an even stronger probability that I’d freak out.
2. I have a vast, verging on obsessive collection of decorative signs. Quotes, photographs, stained glass, wooden, wicker, metal, and so on. I can count nine just from where I sit writing this post.
3. I could possibly be the only person in the world to not like either popcorn or candy floss. It’s not just the taste, but the texture.
4. I hate waste. I’m a keen recycler, upcycler, and charity shop regular. I shall swiftly move on to fact five before I start to rant that approximately 89 million tonnes of food is wasted in the EU every year. It’s horrifying, isn’t it?
5. My friends occasionally call me Monica as in Monica Gellar from the ‘Friends’ sitcom. I do enjoy a good list, and ‘be prepared’ could be my motto. Not forgetting that if it’s a tad humid outside my hair goes all kinds of crazy. I went in the rainforest biome at Cornwall’s Eden project and came out looking like Hagrid.
6. I have had my own slapstick moment when I fell down an escalator carrying a large box. It was the dreaded ‘one foot on the escalator and one foot off’ scenario. I escaped with a gash to my shin and a bruised ego, but my mother dearest still cries with laughter when she recalls my trauma. Nothing like a Mother’s love, eh?
7. I am Cornish, and yep, I have a Cornish accent to match.
As my blog is still in its infancy, I shall nominate one of my most interactive followers:
You do not have to participate in the Dragon’s Loyalty Award Nomination, but it is a great way to show thanks to your blog supporters.